CAF announce Prize money for first edition of the African Super League which kick offs in August


CAF has announced the total prize money for the upcoming CAF African Super League.

The total prize money for the first edition of the CAF African Super League which will start in August 2023 will be $25M. This amount is expected to rise to $100M after 4 years. Clubs to commence will be 8, then it will progress to 16 before 24.

The winner would receive $6M. An Italian company has agreed to run the competition and will hold 49% while CAF and FIFA will have the other 51%. Also ,the company will bear the cost of travel, accommodation and transportation of 35 squad members of each team. CAF also announced the competition will be called the “African Super League” instead of CAF Super League.

Read Also

Coton Sport has been drawn in Group B of the 2023 CAF Champions league ( see full draws). 

The teams that will participate in the first edition of the competition are not yet known though there are multiple reports that it will be the first eight ranked clubs in Africa.

Below are the 8 teams rumoured to participate in the first edition of CAF African Super League.

Al Ahly 🇪🇬
Raja Club Athletic 🇲🇦
TP Mazembe 🇨🇩
ES Tunis 🇹🇳
Horoya AC 🇬🇳
Hearts of Oak 🇬🇭
Mamelodi Sundowns 🇿🇦
Simba SC 🇹🇿

CAF could also add 4 more teams to make it 12 teams but the name of such teams haven’t been announced yet.

Cameroon clubs are expected to miss out on the first edition of the tournament but might be present in the second or third edition of the competition depending on their on their progress in the CAF Club Rankings

Coton Sport is the the highest ranked Cameroon club and the only Cameroon club in top 30 CAF rankings at the moment occupying the 19th position according to Football database.


Do you find Kimbi Blog useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!


Join the Discussion

No one has commented yet. Be the first!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


KB Music of the Week

KB Video of the Week

error: Content is protected !!